ClipBucket uses FFMPEG for video conversion and thumbs generation which is most widely used software and we are really thankful to FFMPEG team for their such a great effort.
FFmpeg is a complete, cross-platform solution to record, convert and stream audio and video. It includes libavcodec - the leading audio/video codec library. See the documentation for a complete feature list and theChangelog for recent changes.
FFmpeg is free software licensed under the LGPL or GPL depending on your choice of configuration options. If you use FFmpeg or its constituent libraries, you must adhere to the terms of the license in question. You can find basic compliance information and get licensing help on our license and legal considerations page.
Looking for help? Contact us, but before you report any bugs, read the guidelines that we created for this purpose.
Want to participate in the active development of FFmpeg? Keep up with the latest developments by subscribing to both the ffmpeg-devel and ffmpeg-cvslog lists. .
The project is made of several components:
- ffmpeg is a command line tool to convert multimedia files between formats.
- ffserver is a multimedia streaming server for live broadcasts.
- ffplay is a simple media player based on SDL and the FFmpeg libraries.
- ffprobe is a is a simple multimedia stream analyzer.
- libavutil is a library containing functions for simplifying programming, including random number generators, data structures, mathematics routines, core multimedia utilities, and much more.
- libavcodec is a library containing decoders and encoders for audio/video codecs.
- libavformat is a library containing demuxers and muxers for multimedia container formats.
- libavdevice is a library containing input and output devices for grabbing from and rendering to many common multimedia input/output software frameworks, including Video4Linux, Video4Linux2, VfW, and ALSA.
- libavfilter is a library containing media filters.
- libswscale is a library performing highly optimized image scaling and color space/pixel format conversion operations.